2019 is the year of Instagram Stories and Instagram Stories stickers. Every single day, over 500 million people watch Instagram stories. Instagram stories account for over 30% of Instagram’s sponsored content. The average posting frequency of Instagram stories is two posts per week. A third of the most viewed Instagram stories are posted by businesses.
In 2019, there will be more polished and original Instagram Stories stickers compared to 2018 when many stickers were generic. According to Instagram internal data, the polling sticker increases video views nine out of ten times.
1. In 2019, Instagram Stories Will Become the Best Way to Share on Social Media
Scrolling through the traditional news feed is becoming a thing of the past. Instagram Stories, 15 second videos, have a broader audience. Brands and regular users are shifting from Instagram posts to Instagram stories.
According to Instagram Research, engagement on Instagram feed posts has been declining over the last few years. With fewer impressions on Instagram posts, there will be a decrease in engagement.
- It is high time to change your Instagram strategy and focus more on engaging your audience through Instagram Stories instead of merely using regular feed posts.
- Your content calendar should not only focus on Instagram posts. It should also cater for Instagram stories.
2. Instagram Stories Stickers Will Also be a Big Thing in 2019
The desire of every business on Instagram is to boost engagement. In 2019, that will not only be achieved by using Instagram Stories. It will also be achieved with Instagram Stories stickers.
- Instagram Stories stickers add more fun and personality to your stories. They drive traffic to your website, facilitate ecommerce sales, build brand awareness, and grow your engagement.
- You can tag your story with a location sticker. That will make it to appear in the public stories of that location subsequently increasing views and engagement. The location sticker increases your story’s discoverability.
- You can use a mention sticker. This will humanize your brand. It will also highlight partnerships and influencer campaigns.
3. In 2019, Instagram Will Develop More Widget Stickers
The success of Instagram Stories stickers such as location, mention, poll, shopping, chat, and question stickers will make Instagram to develop more widget stickers.
4. Crackdown on Instagram bots Will Intensify in 2019
This is especially because of the upcoming US elections. Facebook and Twitter have faced pressure over fake news and hate speech. Instagram is also coming under the spotlight. The Instagram accounts of some far right figures have already been closed.
Crackdown on bots will not only focus on election interference. It will also focus on fake engagement bots that have been a perpetual problem on Instagram.
5. In 2019, There Will be increased Social Activism on Instagram
Social activism has always been the preserve of text friendly platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Instagram is already catching up as far as social activism is concerned. Climate change memes and “I Voted” stickers are doing rounds on Instagram. With the donation sticker developed by Instagram, it will be easy to donate to social causes.
In light of these 2019 Instagram marketing trends, you will need to adjust your Instagram marketing strategy so that you have a competitive advantage. The earlier you adopt these trends, the better.